High Ecological Standards
- Set goals for ecological preservation
- Put people to work regularly auditing industry and life support systems for adherence to ecological standards
- Increase funding to ecological improvement programs as needed
- Use standards as a labor motivator. High standards makes life difficult to be lax and wasteful.
- Provide jobs instead of forcing jobs, use soft standards for ecological improvement. If labor force is not meeting ecological standards, increase rewards for effort instead of sanctioning.
- Allow people with ideas to get funding to make ideas happen
- Requires speculators and investment sciences to develop, and should rely heavily on automated expert systems to perform speculation and evaluate risks and benefits.
- Use rating system to rate usefulness of products, instead of wealth exchange.
- Social web and encyclopedia can facilitate qualitative review of innovations.
- Free information, no patenting. This paired with archive of qualitative information about innovations allows people to pick up ideas long into the future if innovations weren’t as popular or practical when originally introduced.
Gamify Wealth Attainment to Reward Achievement
- Collectively hoard objects of wealth (such as mansions, vacations, etc) to provide incentives for labor. These things already exist, we could destroy them, or maybe utilize them as prizes for people who attain goals. The prizes can thus be shared temporarily and reused for many achievers. This suggestion sounds kind of douchey to me, but looking at the way people are motivated by contests, as corny and ridiculous as it seems, it can be extremely useful in motivation, we should all realize this and utilize the principle within a constructive democratic equalized context or else it will be used in less ethical schemes. When one analyzes the nature of contests, they reward incentive and are yet equitable, in that there is typically a randomized aspect to the assignment of awards, in the cases when there are many who have qualified for the award under the rules of the contest.
- Use democratic rating system to evaluate achievement and choose winners.
- Work auditors can form field-specific panels to help determine what constitutes “good” work in their particular fields. These decisions would need to be open to public scrutiny and democratic revision.
- The arguments for the use of any wealth inequality as motivators are controversial in discussions about socialism and socialist arrangements. I agree, this is a tough call, maybe all objects of inequality should be abolished instead of introducing any wealth inequality even if temporary in nature. Research and discussion is needed around this subject and possible implementations concerning motivators.
Distribute Work Load So That It Is Easily Digestible
- Use technology and networks to break up complex problems into smaller problems and let people pic up the small problems as they are motivated to. Reassemble the work into a finished product. Do this in as many work systems as possible.
- Reduce work load so that it is easy to sustain and minimizes personal aggravation. Try to automate work as much as possible. We have the technology to do this now.
- Decentralization of work and infrastructure provides a defense against concentrated attacks. i.e. You won’t be able to blow up one building and take out an entire work force, because that work force will be distributed geographically and each point of labor will be autonomous.
- Try to utilize network systems as much as possible to reduce transportation costs and pollutions, and provide incentive for technological development. People should work from home or localized base stations whenever possible to avoid long commutes.
Provide Robust Social Services
- Provide proactive mental health programs, that are active in all social systems, such as schools, work places, hospitals, etc.
- Mental health programs are proactive in that they operate with regular group therapy sessions driven by the group, and therapists can request group members to take additional therapy, although they cannot force therapy upon any individual.
- Provide physical health programs that operate on preventive measures that are judged to be helpful while maintaining a regulated ecological footprint.
- Emergency or restorative health assistance will be guaranteed regardless of ecological impact.
- Reward experts and innovators in these fields to provide incentive.
- The outreach policies of these systems must be controlled democratically, and not by beaurocracy, and must never push any subjective agenda. The moment a policy can be identified as pushing a subjective agenda, it must be discontinued. This can include when any principle a policy operates on is dis-proven in the field using scientific methodology.
Identify Ecological Limitations
- Identify absolute societal limits in regards to ecological sustainment, such as population size
- Keep track of these priorities in a universal fashion
- Institute life effecting/culture diminishing regulations only through large scale democratic consensus, such as birth control, or energy restrictions on things like air conditioning, heat/hot water, etc. Any hard regulations must be temporary and recallable.
- Never use destructive or restrictive methods of authority such as imprisonment or censorship, except in a very limited number of severe cases, like prevention of murder, theft, violence, or sexual abuse.
- Authoritative systems are always open to investigation by the public and must publicly provide all information pertaining to the structure and operations of these systems.
- Never penalize laborers for failure to meet societal goals. We are better off letting the entire system collapse than resorting to authoritative measures that are designed to preserve one system of societal organization over others.
Take Regular Consensus and Prevent Leadership
- Consensus is an essential step in forming community, forming comradery and evaluating the needs and desires or aggravations of the general public. In addition to providing a true system of democracy that also considers the minority, it allows communities to participate in discussion that is not controlled or manipulated hierarchically (which is the problem with our current system of leadership and media manipulation due to centralized wealth)
- Consensus is participatory, not mandatory in all communities.
- Separate consensus communities can be formed but their decisions must be recorded and made publicly available along with the number of participants present for each decision and a log of the discussions that lead up to the decision. This information should be tracked using an open and universal tracking system that uses time/geo-dependance to evaluate the integrity of the information recorded (i.e if it takes too long for information to be input into the system after a decision is made, or if information is coming from unlikely geographic locations, it is likely to be forgery. Using this mechanism instead of identity to verify integrity preserves anonymity of participants). The consensus of many enough other groups can prompt investigation into decisions and the identities of their participants, to prevent relatively small self interest groups from undermining the democratic value of the system of federated consensus.
- Consensus systems should include automated and networked systems that protect anonymity within the consensus group and break down geographical boundaries.
- Participation in consensus cannot be denied, although abuse should be identified and there should be a democratic system of temporary suspension from group activity. The suspension functionality should be robust enough to prevent abuse that freezes up consensus in the case of an attack on the consensus process itself (…maybe, this is a tough problem to solve. Has it been solved yet? I don’t know, please provide feedback…)
Adhere to an Amendable Constitution
- Constitutions are important because they give universal rule sets and recommendations for people to fall back on in case they start to loose direction or forget the reasons why they are doing something in the first place.
- Amendment allows the constitution to evolve with its environment and as flaws are discovered.